Optyl® is a trademark which identifies a plastic used exclusively by Safilo for some of its most unique models.
Read here about the advantages and characteristics of Optyl®:
- Optyl® is a duroplastic material that is extremely light and comfortable because it adapts to the wearer's face.
- Optyl® is also hypoallergenic and non-irritant since it contains no plasticisers.
- Furthermore, Optyl® is treated with a special surface coating which protects it from corrosion caused by sweat and cosmetics.
- The material is heat resistant and non-deformable, the original shape of the glasses is maintained in all situations.
- Beyond that, Optyl® offers a 3D design and unique color effects.
Optyl® is a frame material currently produced and used exclusively by SAFILO GROUP, a large Italian company that designs, produces and distributes prescription frames, sunglasses, sports eyewear, etc.
Some of the most prestigious brands that Safilo produces include models in their collections that use the high-quality material Optyl®, such asthe prestigious sunglasses brand Carrera, Hugo Boss, Fendi and Dior.
Optyl® consists of thermosetting plastic which guarantees an excellent surface quality and higher strength than conventional thermoplastics (acetate, propionate, etc.). The material is hypoallergenic and therefore perfectly suitable for allergy sufferers. It is also corrosion-resistant to sweat and cosmetics, the latter particularly important for ladies.