Foreign and Local purchasing Specialist APPLY NOW
Who are we?
Founded in 2011, our story began with a mission to provide vision correction for the whole family. Our passion for optics is endless, with expert opticians and unique designs, we can bring our vision and products to life.
One third of the global population (3 billion people) needs vision correction, making it the world’s biggest disability. 32 million Egyptians have visual impairment that can be avoided or improved. We are committed to spreading awareness, eradicating visual impairments, and providing expertise through our eye care professionals.
By utilizing the advantages of the internet coupled with 12 stores around Egypt, we are aiming to serve our clients better and faster than ever before. Our commitment to quality made us partner with the second largest eyewear producer worldwide; Safilo based in Italy. Making us perfectly positioned for the future. Eyewear is personal, and our promise to our customers is exceptional customer care and integrity in every interaction.
Job Title: Foreign and Local Purchasing Specialist
Department: Supply Chain Department
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
What is the Role?
The Foreign Planning function at Happy Vision is a growing team of commercial and technical experts working to manage the company supply and merchandise proposition – working with brand partners to source the best supply and deliver the best range of products, in line with what our customers are looking for.
The supply planning function is a critical element to our group, which depends on a consistently strong range, both in terms of breadth and depth, to maintain and enhance Happy Vision’s fashion/optical authority and keep customers coming back.
The Foreign Planning specialist will help scope out and deliver projects that help us better diagnose our supply "health", forecast stock intake across channels/regions, and identify supply risks and opportunities on the marketplace.
You will help us turn our spreadsheets into stories. Your goal is to deliver critical actionable analytical insights that will take our commercial strategy and execution to the next level, finding ways to effectively communicate these insights to key business functions.
What you will do:
· Communicate with our key foreign partners on merchandising orders, forecasting, pricing, and trade terms.
· You will develop advanced planning methodologies, tools, and processes to understand and find efficiencies in our supply chain
· You will develop tools, processes, and reports to monitor our supply health
· You will play a key role in defining and implementing our future regional supply strategy
· You will work with the brand partnership, business development and account management teams to explore opportunities to grow the most desirable stock
· You will answer key business questions shedding light on stock and partner performances
Skills Required for the Job
· Exceptional English-speaking skills and excellent business writing skills
· Advanced forecasting and data modelling techniques
· Ability to influence change in senior stakeholders
· At least 2-3 years' experience in Supply and Demand Planning and/or Consulting
· Someone that can effectively leverage data to deliver operationally and commercially relevant insights
· You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
· You have technical skills for processing and analyzing large amounts of data
· Firm knowledge of Microsoft office tools, specifically Microsoft excel|||Giza, Egypt|||Suppy Chain||||||4O-7vNFasuHFNLqk|||FULL_TIME|||EGP|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false